If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (931) 250-5333

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

3 Risk Prevention Strategies To Protect Your Home In Crossville From Fire Damage

1/3/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage 3 Risk Prevention Strategies To Protect Your Home In Crossville From Fire Damage While candles may be a nice addition to your home's atmosphere, they are also a frequent cause of house fires across the country.

Risk Prevention Strategies For Fire Damage In Crossville

Although SERVPRO can help you take care of fire damage in your Crossville home quickly, you would doubtless be better off without having to deal with the problem in the first place. Prevention is the most critical factor influencing long-term costs associated with fire and smoke damage to American homes, and with a few small lifestyle changes, you can avoid many of the unfortunate fires that result from these high-risk habits.

Smoke Outside
We frequently get calls to help take care of fire damage in Crossville homes caused by the smoking of tobacco products. Most tobacco products can fill your home with hard-to-remove smoke odors just as quickly as a fire can, and can also start fires when improperly snuffed out. Smoking outdoors, preferably on a stone patio or away from the home, maybe an easy change to make that decreases your risk of accidentally starting a fire.

Artificial Candles
Many people enjoy the soothing scents and sights of a candle in one or several rooms of their homes, but while candles may be a nice addition to your home's atmosphere, they are also a frequent cause of house fires across the country. Replacing traditional candles with air fresheners and electric imitations can keep the same ambiance in your home without a significant risk of starting a fire.

Keep The Fireplace Empty
When the weather grows colder, homes across America light up their hearths to save on heating bills and give their living rooms a nice, warm glow. However, overuse of a fireplace can commonly result in a large house fire igniting very rapidly. While fireplaces are not very dangerous when being tended and watched, you should avoid letting them burn to save on heating costs.

SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties can help to mitigate and reverse damage caused by fire in your home. Call us at (931) 250-5333.

Click here for more about Crossville.

Other News

View Recent Posts