What Does Cleaning Up After a Flood Entail?
Is there flood cleanup near me? Our SERVPRO team can help Crossville homes to get back to normal after a flood.
Cleaning is an intricate step in all of the restoration and recovery necessary for Crossville homes after a flood. Houses and businesses rely on the fast response and thorough practices of our SERVPRO team to clean up the structure after a flood. Unsurprisingly, many mitigative steps must precede the surface cleaning that the home requires.
When you ask about flood cleanup near me in Crossville, you might have several steps and stages leading to the final result. Our professionals understand that each element of the restoration process is a piece of how easy or complicated it becomes to clean the structure once extraction and drying occur.
Mitigation and Cleaning Practices Include Several Stages
- Extraction: Surface water removal and trapped water removal are vital to preventing structural deterioration and secondary effects like mold growth from forming.
- Muck Out: With standing water removed, mud and debris become more visible and accessible for removal with wet vacuums and other cleaning approaches.
- Controlled Demolition: Identifying structural weaknesses and vulnerabilities leads to the need for controlled demolition. These initial steps can ultimately protect more of the building materials.
- Drying: Beginning the drying process involves the appropriate placement of air movers and dehumidifiers. To conserve available outlets, air movers can be connected together in a process known as daisy-chaining.
- Surface Cleaning: Films and residues can get left behind on structural elements. Even though much of the directly exposed materials must get discarded, we have antibacterial solvents and detergents to use on lightly exposed areas like framing and subflooring.
Cleaning up after a flood is often far more involved than eliminating surface debris and mud. Give our experienced SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties team a call today to help at (931) 250-5333.