Tips for Finding a Contractor in Crossville to repair Storm Damage
With the recent heavy rainstorms and flash flooding in the area there's a chance that you may find yourself looking for someone to help you clean up some storm/water damage.
Unfortunately, an increase in the number of storm-related claims may lead to an increase in the number of roofers and contractors who are willing to take advantage of homeowners. It is very important for you to be cautious when dealing with contractors who offer to repair your home. Be sure to contact SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties first.
The following practices will help you in your search:
- Only do business with licensed contractors with good references.
- Always request a written, detailed estimate.
- Never pay for work up front, nor make any payments in cash.
- Never sign a contract with spaces left blank.
- What is their business address? If the company has a PO Box or doesn't have a local address, they probably aren't a local company.
- Ask about some references for work they have done in this area. Local companies should have plenty of projects you can see in the area.
- If you are in doubt about anything you are being asked to sign by a contractor, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t feel pressured into signing anything. Take time to do your research, and if you are unsure about anything in the agreement, WAIT until you’ve had an opportunity to look it over more carefully and discuss it with your insurance agent or adjuster.
If you have storm damage at your Crossville Home or Business and need our services, please call 931-250-5333. We are open 24/7 and ready to help.