If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (931) 250-5333

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dry Rot Areas in Floors can Indicate Existing Mold Damage in Crossville Homes

1/4/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Cleanup in a Crossville Home Is More Complicated that Throwing Away a Petri Dish--Call SERVPRO

Expert SERVPRO Service Mitigates the Effects of Mold Infestations

It is very easy to track large amounts of rain and snowfall into your Crossville home when coming in from outside. Children's snowsuits can also hold a lot of water in their insulating fibers. Allowing saturated outerwear to drip dry near the front or back door can lead to problems over time.  

Moisture in your Crossville home can easily cause mold damage when it can freely travel around inside. Water evaporates readily only to condense elsewhere, always in the search for equilibrium. It is difficult to achieve this balance, so the cycle produces a continuous source allowing for microbes to develop into mold and mildew. When weather causes large amounts of moisture to collect near your entryways, problems can begin to develop.

Soggy carpet that seems to dry out can trick you while the moisture seeps into the padding and the underlying floorboards. Even a space heater can fail in situations like this because it only forces the moisture to evaporate, with no means to collect that same moisture. Instead of developing mold and mildew on the lower areas near the door, higher areas become more prone, instead.

To prevent this from becoming a problem, hanging wet clothes over the tub can contain the water and allow it to drain away safely. Placing shoes and boots on a rack, also in the tub, and then running them through the clothes dryer after they dry a bit can help keep moisture in the home from rising too much. Many factors can contribute to excess humidity in the home, why not eliminate known sources?

SERVPRO technicians hold certificates from the IICRC in Applied Microbial Remediation (AMRT). We understand how mold colonies live, travel, and affect your home. Because mold eats at the materials it infiltrates, these weaken and form soft areas. Mold does not stay in one place and travels via spores into other areas of your dwelling. Our moisture meters detect areas that contain elevated levels of moisture, which we can dry out, pointing us in the direction of possible mold colonization.

To help kill any mold that somehow escaped, we use hydroxyl generating machines because of the safety of the gas produced. Unlike ozone, hydroxyl does not require people and pets to stay out of the treated area. We can also safely treat areas with damp carpet or plants when using hydroxyl. Using this also provides us with excellent results. Air scrubbers are also used during demolition and restoration work to capture mold debris and spores in HEPA filtered devices.

SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties is ready to help you combat mold damage in your home. Call us at (931) 250-5333 so we can remediate mold in your home through our 24-hour services.

More about this TN town by clicking here

Other News

View Recent Posts