What Do I Do After a Flash Flood Damages My Sparta Home?
Homeowners have to deal with many things which may include flood damage. Contact SERVPRO right away.
Our SERVPRO professionals can respond quickly to flooding situations in your Sparta basement to remove this threat and clean exposed surfaces.
Flash flooding can surround your Sparta home with water and lead to substantial damages depending on where penetration occurs. As quickly as professional restorers need to respond to these situations, it is wise to approach these emergencies with the understanding of the present damage to avoid health hazards or threatening conditions. From the first notice of loss, our SERVPRO professionals can work to quickly mobilize to conduct a thorough inspection of the grounds to determine the best restoration solutions.
Addressing flood damage in Sparta homes in any capacity can be time-consuming, as these effects spread rapidly throughout the structure. Knowing how to respond to these conditions and where water is likely to enter your home can ensure that the appropriate preventative measures get taken to reduce the spread and severity of standing water and contaminants. Initially, there are some immediate steps that homeowners can take to reduce the ultimate loss experienced, such as shutting off utilities to the house, removing your valuables, and getting everyone out of the house quickly.
How Can Flooding Enter Your Home?
Flash flooding might seem straightforward, but there are many ways that it can enter your home. With the sudden onset of this emergency, there's little time to react when penetration has begun. In many ways, understanding the path that floodwater can take can showcase where damage might ultimately be the worst. Any path flooding takes to enter your home can lead to both structural compromises and a need for water damage repair. Some of the avenues that natural flooding can take to enter your home include:
- Drains - There are many reasons why natural flooding is considered a blackwater event. The sudden severe presence of water can overwhelm sanitary sewer systems and drains to allow for a backup into your home.
- Window Wells - Inset window wells provide openings to the basement level of your home and sit beneath the grade of the soil outside. When pooling water gathers around the outside of your home, these window wells can be openings for water to pour unabated into the lower level of your house.
- Through the Foundation - As strong and sturdy as masonry can be, concrete masonry units (CMUs) are not impenetrable when it comes to standing water or hydrostatic pressure. Any small vulnerabilities can quickly become full-scale openings for water to pour into the basement.
What Must Happen to Resolve the Situation?
Many people assume that they know how to resolve flood losses when they occur, but fail to realize the extent of restoration and recovery needed. Each phase from mitigation through reconstruction and build back is a step in returning your property to its original condition. With a team of in-house contractors capable of helping with controlled demolition and repairs, we can offer a comprehensive solution for flood losses in the basement of your home. At its base levels, restoration after a flood begins in several specific areas:
- Extraction - Water removal is always one of the focal points of flood restoration. Flooding rarely occurs without leaving standing water, so we must utilize multiple extraction tools to remove surface water damage for more efficient and successful drying.
- Cleaning - Contamination and debris are often threats that accompany natural flooding in the basement of your home. After controlled demolition and other materials get discarded that have become exposed to this category three loss, we can work on cleaning the surfaces left like framing, concrete, and masonry.
- Repairs – With a portion of our roster devoted to residential contractors, we have several technicians experienced in various building trades to offer repairs and reconstruction where it is needed.
How Can the Area Get Dried to Prevent Mold Growth?
The presence of water after a flood can lead to moist and damp conditions throughout the lower level of your home. Within 48 hours, these wet pockets can facilitate mold growth. One of the most effective methods of preventing microbial threats is to dry the affected area as quickly as possible. As a reputable restoration company, we have industry-leading drying tools in our inventory to make this phase go promptly. While ultimately drying flood damage can involve dozens of machines and devices, some of the most commonly used are the following:
- Air Movers
- Electric Portable Heaters
- Floor Drying Mats
The full drying and recovery of your flooded basement level requires many steps. With experienced technicians and cutting-edge tools and technologies to help, our SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties team can make flood losses "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (931) 250-5333.
Who Repairs Damaged Structural Elements After Water Losses?
Don't let your Crossville gym be shut down due to flood damage. Call the professionals at SERVPRO today for remediation assistance.
Your Crossville gym can get threatened quickly by migrating water damages, but our in-house contractors can help with repairs and build back.
As much as you would like a loss incident to be as simple as running a mop and some towels and completely protecting your Crossville gym, it is rarely that simple. Not only does our team of SERVPRO professionals need to establish drying zones and utilize powerful water removal tools for unique flooring materials used in your main gym floor, but substantial water loss incidents often also come with the added threats of requiring controlled demolition and reconstruction.
Regarding water damage repair for your Crossville gym, there are many steps and stages that this could embody. Depending on the source of the damage that your business faces, you could need plumbing repairs along with the reinstallation of removed structural elements like drywall and rubber flooring. While the aspects of mitigation do not change, they often serve as a precursor to the reconstruction needed in specific areas of your gym. You can look at these stages to track when to expect rebuilding to begin:
- Job Scoping
- Content Management
- Controlled Demolition
How Soon Can Our SERVPRO Team Rebuild?
As a business owner, your priority is getting the gym back up and running at full capacity as soon as possible. If possible, we work to allow you to stay open in a limited sense by isolating damaged areas with containment barriers and working at the most convenient times to limit our interaction with your customers and staff. Because we have in-house contractors, we can offer a seamless transition between mitigation and the build back that the property could need.
No matter how severe water losses might be in your gym, we offer a full-service approach to help make it "Like it never even happened." Give our SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties team a call today at (931) 250-5333.
Find more information about Crossville.
How Can I Save My Linoleum Floor After My Dishwasher Leaked?
Dishwashers are a frequent source of water damage. Inspect your dishwasher often for sign of leaks.
Your SERVPRO Water Damage Professionals in Crossville Have the Answers You Need to Restore Your Kitchen Floor
Making sure you have a dishwasher in good working conditions is essential to avoid leakage or flooding issues. But accidents occur in the best of times. If your dishwasher flooded onto your kitchen linoleum floor in your Crossville home, read the following.
Why is a rapid response necessary?
Moving fast is always essential in any damaging water event in your Crossville residence. Having the professionals at SERVPRO handle a spill caused by a dishwasher leak means getting your kitchen back to order quickly and proficiently.
- Water can migrate under places such as the toe-kick of cabinets requiring water extraction.
- The substrate can become damaged, requiring the linoleum to be pulled up and replaced.
- Ceiling repair may be necessary, depending on the location of the dishwasher.
How Is Water Damage to Linoleum Flooring Handled?
Because water losses can be vastly different; there are several steps SERVPRO takes to ensure you get the best service possible for your unique situation. These actions include:
- Calling the water damage emergency contact
- An inspection and water damage assessment to your linoleum flooring and cabinets
- Water removal or extraction as needed
- Drying and dehumidifying using air movers and dehumidifiers
- Cleaning and repairing flooring if needed
- Restoration – “Like it never even happened.”
Our team of experts provides the professional equipment needed for water removal or extraction, drying, and any cleanup or repair needed to have your linoleum floor looking as good as new. There is no need to try and take care of the problem by renting equipment only to have to call in the experts in the end. Let us take care of your problem and relieve your stress.
Contact SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan, & White Counties at (931) 250-5333 for quality water damage service that is Faster To Any Size Disaster.
More about Crossville.
Can I Salvage Burnt Contents from a Housefire?
If you have an electrical fire in your Fairfield Glade home, call the professionals of SERVPRO to mitigate your problem.
Many Contents with Fire Damage Are Restorable. Call SERVPRO For Fire Restoration Assistance.
Do I need to replace home appliances after a fire?
Your Fairfield Glade home is likely full of appliances that could sustain smoke or soot stains in a fire. Refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, and dishwashers are just a few items that are expensive to replace after a home fire. Equally, they are impossible to keep with odor-causing soot or soiling. Finishes on appliances can melt or bubble, which may cause synthetic odors like the smell of burning plastic to pervade your home. We operate with a restore over replace mentality. Our technicians can remove appliances, inspect their connections to your plumbing or electrics as well as surface soiling on the appliance itself. Hard surfaces, like those on appliances, are usually resistant to temperature and soot, which gives them a strong chance of successful restoration.
How do I remove soots from appliances?
The approach for removing fire damage from appliances in your Fairfield home is similar to our approach for hard surfaces. The material construction of these contents is usually nonabsorbent, like metals, plastics, glass, and Formica. Non-porous materials are easy to clean because soot do not penetrate the material itself but can, in some cases, bond with the surface. Our technicians rely on wet-cleaning methods which involve water-based cleaning solutions. Introducing water to a hard surface is safe because there is little chance of pushing soot further into the surface. The advantage of avoiding solvents it is not chemically dangerous and requires less application time when removing soot.
What are the top tips for cleaning appliances?
- Use a dry sponge, cloth or feather duster to remove excess soiling from the surface of the appliance
- Apply a surface cleaner directly onto the surface then apply a rinsing agent to remove any streaks
- Finish cleaning the surface using a polish to return the appliance to its preloss condition
Why do some soot residues remain on appliances after cleaning?
The composition of this un-combusted soiling is influential in the effectiveness of the cleaning method. Some house fires burn synthetic materials or protein and grease like kitchen fires. These deposits are classifiable as wet smoke and may require further attention because they repel water. Wet smokes are easy to spread around without the correct cleaning method. It is often necessary to apply a strong alkaline, oil-based solvent that can bond with the grease-based soiling. Once the soiling bonds with the solvent, it becomes suspended and can be washed away using an alkaline rinsing agent. Measuring the type of soot you are dealing with is essential if you want to avoid causing further damage to your home. SERVPRO pre-test materials for the type of smoke can help us decide the most effective restoration method.
- Apply a full-strength industrial cleaner onto the surface and allow it to soak
- Pull out removable fittings to get greater access to the surface
- Once deposits are dissolved in the industrial cleaning liquid, scrub the surface using steel wool or stiff brush
- Scrub greasy residues and check ventilation hoods, ducts along with both interior and exterior of the stove
How can I remove yellowing from wooden surfaces?
At high temperatures, some types of wood surface finish can discolor. Usually, this discoloration manifests as yellowing on parts of the surface. SERVPRO technicians can restore light wood damage by applying wood creme to the affected surface. Using light steel-wool we can gently clean the surface to restore it to its original condition. If woods have direct exposure, there is a chance that the finish burns away entirely and can char parts of the naked surface on the wood. When there are visible signs of wood damage, technicians can use soda blasting to abraid surface levels of the wood gently before refinishing it to a good condition.
Do I need a specialist for electrical repair after a fire?
Items in the home that have complex construction or electricity running through them need assessment and repair from a qualified electrician. Restorers can perform initial cleaning of the electronic device without causing damage before bringing in a specialist for service and repair. As part of our stress-free claim, SERVPRO can enlist trusted third-parties on your behalf so that you only have to deal with one point of contact from start to finish. At the end of service, we can pass on paperwork to an insurance adjuster.
If your appliances become coated in, soot or smoke residues use a professional restoration service to return it to its preloss condition. Contact SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties at (931) 250-5333.
How Do I Get Rid of Water Damage in My Pawn Shop?
Did your fire sprinkler somehow break and started leaking water everywhere in your Crossville store? Call SERVPRO to handle the issue.
Disaster Mitigation Technicians Can Remove Commercial Water Damage from Your Crossville Business
With summer on the horizon in Crossville, many business owners are likely not considering inspecting their indoor sprinkler systems. However, all it takes is a mechanical failure, overheated system, or corroded pipe to saturate structures and inventory.
When business owners need commercial water damage cleanup for Crossville establishments, SERVPRO technicians provide emergency-response mitigation that minimizes losses. These techs carefully monitor moisture levels throughout the cleanup process to ensure that surfaces return to a clean, dry condition.
How Corrosion Impacts Fire Sprinklers
Three simple ingredients are needed to allow for corrosion in a sprinkler system:
These components create electrochemical corrosion, which can eat through the pipes that feed your fire sprinklers. These holes can be as small as a pinhole and as large as a penny. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)-prompted reports suggest that a whopping 73% of dry sprinkler systems experience significant amounts of corrosion after the 12.5-year mark.
One way businesses are extending the lifespan of their dry pipes is by replacing the pressurized air in their systems with nitrogen. This alternative works because nitrogen is an inert gas that does not trigger electrochemical corrosion due to the lack of oxygen.
How SERVPRO Dries Your Facilities
SERVPRO dries facilities with centrifugal air movers working in tandem with dehumidifiers. Here is how it works:
- Air movers pull moisture off of surfaces and into the air.
- This moisture is then taken in by the dehumidifier and passed over refrigerant coils, silica gel, and similar systems to separate the water from the air.
- The dehumidifier collects water for disposal while expelling warm, dry air.
Call SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan, & White Counties at (931) 250-5333 for service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Crossville, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties today at (931) 250-5333 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Do I Make Sure My HVAC System Did Not Get Contaminated during a Flood in Crossville?
Our Crossville SERVPRO Flood Specialists Use Specialized Cleaning and Drying Techniques
Experiencing a flood in Crossville can happen very quickly. After the floodwaters recede, there is a feeling of shock and the knowledge that the flood can affect your entire home. It can be challenging to know where to even begin. Since floodwater is contaminated, our technicians inspect your whole house to ensure it is properly cleaned and dried, including commonly unseen areas like your HVAC system. Left unchecked dangerous mold spores can turn into colonies causing significant damage.
What if My HVAC System Retained Moisture After the Flood?
SERVPRO Technicians A Course of Action to Ensure Your HVAC System is Clean and Functional
Flood damage impacts each Crossville home differently. Sometimes there may be no visible lingering damage, but because the water potentially contained contaminants, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) identifies it as gray (category 2) or black (category 3) water.
How Do I Know if I Need to Replace the Ductwork?
• If the ducts are sheet metal, they can generally be cleaned and dried without needing to replace them.
• If filled with fiberglass, the insulation needs to be replaced because when exposed to potentially contaminated moisture, it is no longer salvageable.
How Do SERVPRO Technicians Dry and Clean the HVAC System?
• They remove any unsalvageable materials.
• Technicians use industrial-grade disinfectants on sheet metal.
• Specialists use tubing in conjunction with air movers to direct and circulate air to dry the ducting.
Our IICRC (Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) specialists venture into crawl spaces and attics to make sure that they address every impacted area in your home. Hidden damage in places such as your HVAC system and behind kitchen cabinets can cause structural damage and allow mold growth.
For 24/7 assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties at (931) 250-5333. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
For more about Crossville click here.
What Is the Best Choice for Extraction and Drying of My Crossville Home?
Water damage happens and when it does, SERVPRO is available and ready to restore your home.
Our SERVPRO Team Has Hundreds of Drying and Recovery Tools to Restore Your Crossville Home After a Water Loss Efficiently
Removing any standing water from your home after a loss incident can be insurmountable without a variety of tools and machines designed for efficient extraction. Many property owners in Crossville have come to rely on the fast and confident response of our SERVPRO team to help with the extraction and drying that their homes need after a loss incident.
With water removal for Crossville homes, especially, the right decision about extraction can be the difference in loftier costs and the irreparable damage that can occur in your home and to your belongings. Extraction and drying rely on the skills of our technicians, as well. Each of our responding technicians has accreditations through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in Water Restoration (WRT), and many have additional training in Applied Structural Drying (ASD) as well.
Can I Extract Water from My Crossville Home on My Own?
In a short and direct answer for DIY extraction, there are times that you can do. The trouble with picking and choosing when it is appropriate leaves much of this work up to interpretation. Choosing to address standing water on your own can allow for several potential concerns in your house, including:
One of the biggest concerns with DIY extraction is not knowing where all of the water is. Many materials are highly absorbent, which means that even a seemingly localized incident can have spread through porous materials to new areas of the property.
Another concern that homeowners should have when addressing water losses in their house is their lack of cutting-edge equipment. In extraction alone, our SERVPRO professionals can choose between submersible pumps, vacuums, truck-mount extractors, and several specialty wands to remove both surface and trapped water.
Consistent threats develop like lingering moisture without a full working knowledge of how to restore a damaged residence after water damage. Unchecked and undried, damp pockets that could not get reached with conventional drying can facilitate the growth of mold.
What Tools Should Get Used for Removing Water in Crossville?
Our restoration professionals have many tools at their disposal for handling surface and trapped water throughout your house. Depending on the situation and severity, our team can choose among:
Wet vacuums can handle pooling water within a few inches in-depth, and can also be the foundational machine for many of the attachments like carpet wands.
Submersible pumps are a versatile tool that is ideal for standing clean water in your home like a broken plumbing pipe or malfunctioning appliances.
Gas-powered trash pumps are an excellent choice for any standing water that might include debris, or when a more powerful tool might be necessary. Gas-powered pumps can outperform electric submersibles in many situations.
Are There Special Tools for Removing Water from Materials in Crossville?
Addressing surface water is one concern, but taking water trapped inside of materials is another entirely. Our professionals can use many specialized tools to remove and evaporate this water before it binds to the molecular composition of materials like flooring and drywall to cause irreparable water damage. Some of these specialty tools include:
By drilling small holes behind a removed baseboard, we can have a minimalistic approach to evaporating moisture and dampness in wall cavities. This plan is only useful when structural damage has not occurred.
Carpeted floors can quickly become compromised by standing water, but carpet wands pull moisture trapped in the fibers and padding beneath it. These attachments can get attached to truck-mount pumps or other extraction devices.
When portions of drywall get removed due to exposure, it is a likelihood that the insulation behind it has become compromised as well. We have an insulation vacuum to quickly and thoroughly remove wet and damaged material to improve the efficiency of drying.
When Has Crossville Water Damage Become Too Much to Restore?
Before the water damage mitigation in Crossville work has started, our project manager and crew chief walk through the residence with a customer to determine the extent of the damage and the ideal approach to restore it. One of the advantages of choosing SERVPRO is our in-house residential contractors who can help with controlled demolition and full-scale build back.
You need fast and reliable assistance for extraction and drying after substantial losses that can leave standing water in your home. Our SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties team can help 24/7 by calling (931) 250-5333.
Can I Continue to Run My Crossville Business After A Water Leak?
Did your retail establishment experience water damage? Call SERVPRO! We have the equipment and experience to quickly restore your business.
Yes, the Professionals at SERVPRO Use Low-Profile Equipment to Get You Back on Track
As any small business owner understands, it is critical to keep your Crossville business running, especially when a relatively minor water leak disrupts the usual routine. If your office shares walls with a neighboring business, you may need to mitigate damages in your storefront and your own.
What if Some of the Water Leaked Through to the Neighboring Business?
SERVPRO Technicians Work to Come Up with A Restoration Plan to Suit Both Businesses
You are sharing walls and pipes with your neighbors if you are dealing with commercial water damage in your Crossville strip-mall office. If the building sustains damage on both sides of a shared wall, SERVPRO can restore the damage of the impacted areas for both businesses.
After Technicians Dry the Excess Water, what are the Next Steps?
- Restoration Specialists Extract water with portable extraction equipment to ensure they remove as much moisture as possible.
- We dry the room by using dehumidifiers to pull moisture out of the air, filter the air, and then exhaust the air back out, so it is warm and dry.
- Technicians enhance drying by placing air movers throughout both businesses facing the walls at floor level to keep the warm, dry air from the dehumidifier moving.
What Damage Could Occur to the Building if I Do Not Tend to the water Quickly?
- Secondary water damage occurs to walls and flooring; if moisture sits on them for too long, they can become warped.
- Dangerous mold infestations may grow as they thrive on moisture and humidity and only need an organic source of food such as wood or drywall.
What About My Inventory and Stock?
Your investment in your inventory, stock, and fixtures certainly varies depending upon the type of small business you are running. Our crew makes every effort to protect these crucial aspects of your business. We can relocate to safe areas within the building or pack-out items, which can simplify the water extraction and drying processes and preserve your investments.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan & White Counties at (931) 240-5333. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
More about Crossville.
The Real Truth Behind Basement Fire Damage Remediation Struggles in Sparta
Take precautions to make sure that your basement can withstand a fire. After a fire, contact Team SERVPRO to help with remediation services.
Remediating Fire Damage in a Sparta Home's Basement
Basement fires might not seem like the most common occurrence, but 6,500 of these residential fires occur each year and cause an average of almost $300 million in damages to structures and belongings. The most common heat source in these types of fires comes from electrical arcing. Whether the cause is a damaged light fixture, extension cable, or power strip, it is crucial to get professional mitigation to protect your home from corrosion due to soot damage.
If your Sparta home's basement needs fire damage cleanup after an electrical failure, you can count on SERVPRO to clean up the damage and restore your home 24/7, even during weekends and holidays. SERVPRO franchises are staffed with local residents who are in touch with the needs of the community. No matter what size disaster occurs on your property, technicians have the right tools for the job.
Fireproofing Your Basement
- Add blocks. Cut planks of wood to size based on the distance between your wall studs. Also, inspect your basement for signs of fire-resistant insulation or other fire protection measures. Put fireproof coating on the blocks after nailing them in locations where wall studs and floor or frame joists intersect.
- Close the gaps in your walls or flooring. This is especially important when you install your flame-resistant blocks. Any opportunity for fumes or flames to escape puts your home at risk. You can quickly seal gaps with a foaming caulk, which is also safe to apply near sensors and wiring.
- Install a sprinkler system. Residential sprinklers can buy you much-needed time and can douse the fire before it spreads.
SERVPRO Removes Residues and Odors
Whether extinguishers or sprinklers take out the fire, soot residues and odors are not easily remedied with consumer-grade cleaners. SERVPRO techs use several different methods, including HEPA-filter vacuums, for cleaning dry soot deposits, wet cleaners, and specialized creme paste solutions for wet solutions. SERVPRO even has oil-based cleaners to address melted rubbers, plastics, and other petroleum and oil-based products that have been set aflame.
SERVPRO of Cumberland, Morgan, & White Counties serves the community with cleanup that makes your home look, "Like it never even happened." Call (931) 250-5333 for mitigation services you can count on to restore your property.
Click here for more information about Sparta.